This interface adapter turns your Echolab Overture 1 into full hardware control panel for controlling any Blackmagic Atem switcher. Supports 2 ME switchers, you can switch between ME1 and ME2 with one click
Overture 1 adapter - $565
Download latest firmware: Overture1_v3.4.zip
Echolab Overture 1 control panel was used by Blackmagic Design to create its own Atem 1 Broadcast Panel. The main components of both panels are completely identical, including buttons, knobs, T-bar, indicators, smart buttons, housing, etc.
This makes the Eсholab panel an excellent base for modification to control of Blackmagic Atem switchers. I developed an interface adapter for Echolab Overture 1 panel to control the Atem switcher.The Interface Adapter allows you to give a new life to these panels by converting them into hardware control panel for Atem at very low price. No modifications of Overture 1 panel required. Just plug in the cables and it is ready for operation.
These are the control of Program / Preview / Select bus, Cut and Auto transitions, T-Bar, select type of transitions, full control of USK and DSK keyers, select of a source for keyers, etc.
All buttons and displays on the panel work as labeled.
- Program/preset row crosspoint control (20 selectable inputs, all independently configurable)
- Key/Aux row crosspoint control (20 selectable inputs, all independently configurable)
- T-Bar manual control of Mix, Wipe, Dip, DVE
- Cut and Auto trans control (including adjustable Auto Trans rate)
- Separate control over 2 x DSK, include DSK1 Tie, DSK2 Tie, DSK1 Cut, DSK2 Cut, DSK1 Mix, DSK2 Mix buttons (including adjustable DSK Auto Trans rate)
- Separate control over 4 x USK, include USK1 - USK4 Next, USK1 - USK4 ON AIR buttons (including adjustable USK Auto Trans rate)
- Full control over ME 1 or ME 2 transitions including 18 patterns, border/softness, etc
- Full control over ME 1 or ME 2 keyers LUMA, CHROMA, PATTERN and DVE
- Rec & Run Macros (up to 10 macros)
- Displayed Source Names can be changed via the Software Panel
- and more
Connect the adapter to the panel and Atem as shown in the diagram below:
Panel connected to Atem and reported the model of the switcher.
Possible sources are: Input 1–20, Black, Color 1-2, Color Bars, Media Player Fill 1-2, Media Player Cut 1-2, SuperSource.
Atem outputs as Program ME1-2, Preview ME1-2, CleanFeed1-2, etc, can be assigned to buttons for use only as sources for AUX.
The panel is ready for use. Most of the panel's functions are the same as the Atem 1 ME Broadcast Panel and are intuitive. The photos below show some of the panel modes.
Control of both Media Players on one screen.
Control USK 1 Pattern:
Control USK 3 Chroma:
Control USK 1 Moves:Control AUX source:
Control DVE Transition:
I continue to work on new features and this will be added later with a new firmware (Now I'm working out with Hyperdeck control)
This adapter can also work with the Identity 4 panel, for this you need to install the firmware from the Identity 4 adapter (can be downloaded for free from the Identity 4 page)
Interface Adapter comes with the latest firmware (3.4 as of Avg 2020) and a 180 days parts and labor warranty.
Free consultation and free firmware update are included as well.
I tested all my panel's and adapter's with my Atem 1 M/E Production Studio 4K and Atem 2 M/E HD with Atem software version 7.3.
New features will be included into the future firmware releases as they become available.